[mosh-devel] display errors with long lines

Hanno Böck hanno at hboeck.de
Sun Oct 7 08:23:00 EDT 2012

Hello,

I encounter a couple of display bugs in mosh. However, as they appear
different in different terminal emulators, I assume they could be also
bugs in the terminal emulator.
I would report them there if I'd know the details what's going wrong
here.

Typical situations where these errors appear are commands longer than
one line. E.g. in this example (lxterminal from lxde):
http://files.hboeck.de/mosh-lxterminal-displayerror.png
I executed a long command while being in the lowest line of the
console. The new command line doesn't appear, only a few pixels.

The same error however is not reproducible in gnome-terminal. Here I
have another issue: I'm executing a long command, also in the lowest
line of the console and then want to re-execute it by pressing the "up"
key. The lowest line shows nothing of the command that should be there,
but two cursors and the commandline:
http://files.hboeck.de/mosh-gnometerminal-displayerror.png

To be sure to use the latest code, I'm using the git version of mosh
both on the server and client. Both systems use Gentoo Linux.
lxterminal is version 0.1.11, gnome-terminal is 3.4.1.1.

cu,
Hanno Böck		mail/jabber: hanno at hboeck.de
GPG: BBB51E42		http://www.hboeck.de/