[mosh-devel] highly suggest adding to the site a cygwin implementation

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 25 14:03:28 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

We're still looking for somebody to step up and by the Windows czar
for Mosh -- which would include testing release candidates and
packaging Mosh in whatever format is most convenient for Windows (or
Cygwin) users.

We had a long and pretty well-publicized release candidate series for
Mosh 1.2. A few Cygwin people tested it and said it worked for them.
Then we released it. The fact that people are now complaining tells me
that we do not have a lot of testers on Cygwin. :-)

If you're willing to be that person, that would be wonderful. Mosh 1.3
will have Peter's C++ startup code, which apparently fixes some of the
problems. But we can't call Cygwin a supported platform until we have
somebody who's willing to package it in a convenient format and test
the release candidates.

Best,
Keith