[mosh-devel] Updated: mosh-1.2.2-2 (experimental)

Reini Urban reini at cpanel.net
Fri Jul 20 11:16:49 EDT 2012

On 07/20/2012 10:07 AM, Alexander Chernyakhovsky wrote:
> While I defer to Keith on this, I think releasing this as "1.2.2-2" is going to result in confusion, because it implies it's
 > the 2nd build of 1.2.2 for the distribution. Normally I would not
object to this, because that appears to be the case, but
 >these changes are sufficiently large that I think a 1.2.2-2 label
would be confusing, especially when compared
> with 1.2.2-2in other distributions, e.g, Fedora, which issued that number for the
mass-rebuild for Fedora 18
 > (after a new GCC and friends were brought in).
> I would like to suggest a stronger differentiation in the version number than just "-2".
 > Perhaps some sort of additional label?

You are right, that's why I brought it up.

I will rename it to something like
1.2.3pre at cxxwrapper-1 or 1.2.2+git at cxxwrapper-1 or such.

1.3pre has a bad sorting order I fear, as the "." (46) is before any
letter or digit.

Any other distro to try cxxwrapper as experimental?

--
Reini