[mosh-devel] Mosh and C++ wrapper version

Dmitry Koterov dmitry.koterov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 05:24:44 EDT 2012

I am waiting when you apply the patch
https://github.com/keithw/mosh/pull/96 ("Added
C++ wrapper script").

A native Android port and a native Windows port are very different in their
complexity, because Android is based on Linux (and has e.g. all pty and
fork features supported). And if we have to use cygwin (I see no real
possibilities to get rid of it now), I see no practical reasons to use
Putty instead of cygwin SSH.

And about mosh static build. I think that there is a very small chance to
make mosh as popular as openssh if it would be hard to install on linux
machines. My idea is that to make mosh very popular it should be as simple
as possible. Ideally e.g. I need only a client distribution and do not need
to install anything at the server at all to use mosh (e.g. a cliend at
first connection copies mosh server binaries to the user's home directory
and then uses it). BTW getpwuid deps are not problem in practice - it's
only a warning.