[mosh-devel] Mosh and C++ wrapper version

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 17 16:24:16 EDT 2012

Dmitry,

We'd be glad to have you maintain a distribution of Mosh for Windows, via
Cygwin or otherwise. Please just publish your package however is best for
Cygwin users (can it be somehow integrated into Cygwin...?), and we will
have other Windows users test it out. If all is good we will link to your
package on http://mosh.mit.edu and point users there.

Re: static Linux binary, unfortunately it is not that simple. Right now
mosh-server still depends on the C-language locale facility to do its
charset work, and these files are loaded dynamically at runtime and are
found at varying locations on different systems (based on LOCPATH, etc.).
So a single static Linux binary will not work on too many different Linux
distributions without tweaks. (We also use getpwuid() which has a similar
problem.)

I don't think there is any theoretical obstacle to integrating mosh-client
with PuTTY (somebody else has just integrated mosh-client with Android
Connectbot pretty successfully). But somebody who knows about Windows
would need to do this work.

Best regards,
Keith