[mosh-devel] Port selection and mouse usage

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Thu Jul 12 09:59:24 EDT 2012

On 12/07/12 12:19, Florian Bruhin wrote:

> So, the problem is that you can have a range of ports by default, or
> specify just one. mosh should allow you to specify a *range* of ports on
> the client side.
> You probably could open[0] a feature request in the tracker[1] for that.

Thank you - have done so.

In the meantime, I've created a bash script that remembers the
most-recently-used port, and then uses the next one. So, it rotates
around them - so you can call it and open multiple terminals or after a
crash, without having to manually remember which ports might already be
in use.

Use it as a wrapper around mosh. Call it with all the same parameters as
mosh, except for --port. Edit the configuration at the top to choose
your port range.

Get it from here:
http://david.dw-perspective.org.uk/da/index.php/computer-resources/a-port-rotator-for-mosh/

Best wishes,