[mosh-devel] Mosh connections didn't come back after ca. 18000 sec over 2x NAT

Christoph von Stuckrad stucki-spam at t-online.de
Sun Dec 30 19:44:34 EST 2012

On 30.12.2012 23:55, Axel Beckert wrote:
> And now that you mention it: That clock still works, i.e. it's updated
> on the client. It updates once a second, but the blue bar on top is
> still there and says "mosh: Last reply 45804 seconds ago. [To quit:
> Ctrl-^ .]". But nothing I type is shown on the terminal while the
> clock still continues to update the time every second.

This really sounds strange, so the client is updating received data
to its display, but it 'does not really know' that it got the connection
back and so does not send?

You can check, whether your 'screen' still is accepting input, by
accessing the same 'screen-window' from another session by
connecting to it via "screen -S ...name... -x"
(you find the ...name... by "screen -ls").

I work from home, via laptop, and at work, with the same screen on
the same window in the same program/session. And mosh makes it possible
to 'loose and reconnect the net' but retain all the connections.
I think I might have had a situation as the above, but could not
find out, what was happening (I was riding a car and used a slow
lossy link, so I assumed that to be lost).

Stucki