[mosh-devel] Mosh connections didn't come back after ca. 18000 sec over 2x NAT

Quentin Smith quentin at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 30 11:22:42 EST 2012

Hi Axel,

Just to check the obvious first - to your knowledge, the server resolved
to the same IP address before and after you restarted the AP? (That is,
the server didn't appear to move for any reason?)

What version of mosh are you using? Mosh 1.2.3 adds a new behavior where
it will try opening a new connection on a new port if it hasn't heard from
the server in a while (I think 10 seconds?). This is to work around some
braindead NAT devices that have behavior similar to what you're
describing.

If you capture a tcpdump on both the client and server for ~30 seconds or
so, that should show conclusively if your network is eating the packets,
or the client or server is confused.

--Quentin