[mosh-devel] Reusing the State Synchronization Protocol

David Eriksson david at 2good.nu
Tue Aug 28 15:00:06 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm hoping to try out the State Synchronization Protocol for a different
purpose. I'm currently studing the mosh source code but my C++ skills seem
to have aged a bit, and the SSP has not been factored out as a separate
library.

Would there be anyone with understanding of the implementation that could
give me some hints on how to reuse the SSP implementation in mosh for
synchronizing another type of state?

Am I correct that this is the key to the SSP...

Network::Transport< Network::UserStream, Terminal::Complete > *network;

... so I can reuse the SSP code in the src/network/ directory but I will
need to implement my own classes instead of Network::UserStream
and Terminal::Complete from the src/statesync/ directory?

I'll try to to figure out the required interfaces for MyState
and RemoteState now...

Best regards,

David Eriksson

http://www.divideandconquer.se/