[mosh-devel] Impressed

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:05:58 EDT 2012

I created a tiny fork of mosh on my github repo to play with
classification a bit.

I think that AF42 has the combination of desirable features of both
CS4 and IMM.

https://github.com/dtaht/mosh

after doing the commit, I went and checked, and the linux kernel does
when checking for IMM, masks out the other CS* bits, so it jumps the
queues in pfifo_fast, and Linux wifi checks only the CS* bits, so this
tosses mosh packets into the underused VI hardware queue.

For good measure I tossed in ECN marking... I note that there was a
bug with ECN and pfifo_fast we fixed last year (2.6.39?) that tossed
it into pfifo_fast's background queue.
Various add-on shapers may twiddle differently, as well.

I'm low on time this month to actually do anything with this
scientific myself, but the 3 line patch is out there if anyone else
wants to try it.

is there a tool to measure RTT inside of mosh?

42 seems to be my lucky number.

--
Dave Täht
SKYPE: davetaht