[mosh-devel] Added rhel/centos

Reini Urban reini at cpanel.net
Wed Apr 11 15:57:42 EDT 2012

On 04/11/2012 01:53 PM, Reini Urban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We only check for __builtin_bswap64 but not for the byteswap.h macros on
> rhel. I added it.
> See https://github.com/keithw/mosh/pull/150
>
> pipe2 O_CLOEXEC is also missing from older rhel.
>
> centos5.8 boost-1.33 is too old. It doesn't have boost/typeof/typeof.hpp
> 1.34 is required at least
>
> The fedora spec cannot be used since rhel/centos does not offer protobuf
> packages. But the reqs build fine from source.
>
> Tested with CentOS release 5.8 (Final)

This are the centos (5.8) instructions
with no protobuf and old boost packages. rhel similar.

git clone git://github.com/rurban/mosh.git
# after the pull request from git://github.com/keithw/mosh.git
cd mosh
wget http://protobuf.googlecode.com/files/protobuf-2.4.1.tar.bz2
tar xfj protobuf-2.4.1.tar.bz2
cd protobuf-2.4.1
./configure && make && make check
sudo make install
# my ldconfig had no /usr/local/lib, so
sudo cp src/.libs/libprotobuf.so.7 /usr/lib/

cd ..
wget
http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.34.0/boost_1_34_0.tar.bz2/download
tar xfj boost_1_34_0.tar.bz2
cd boost_1_34_0
./configure && make && make check
sudo make install
cd ..

# ./autogen.sh is not possible on a pure centos5.8 - too old autoconf,
# So do it on a macosx, debian or fedora system and
# rsync ./configure and the Makefile's to the system.

./configure
make
make check
sudo make install