[mosh-devel] mosh and SCTP.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 11 07:58:55 EDT 2012

On 11.4.2012, at 14.47, Mark Blackman wrote:

> Ultimately, it may
> be just that SCTP would just represent an alternate UDP transport with no extra benefits and the disadvantage of
> only partial or incomplete support across OSes.

I wonder if it would be possible to avoid NAT/firewall problems if mosh could kind of hitchhike on the initial SSH connection, if both SSH and mosh used SCTP. So that after the initial SCTP SSH connection mosh creates another UDP-like SCTP stream for the rest of the connection. This would of course require some kind of support from SSH also.