[MOS] Join Us! Fall 2020 Modern Optics and Spectroscopy Seminars

Christine Brooks cbrooks at mit.edu
Tue Sep 22 11:35:30 EDT 2020

The Laser Biomedical Research Center at MIT is delighted to announce that our Modern Optics and Spectroscopy Seminar series will continue virtually this Fall. While things are a bit challenging given the situation, we are pleased to offer a short schedule of MOS seminars presented by several distinguished speakers, and hope that many of you who regularly attended in-person will join us virtually as well. We also hope that many who had previously been unable to attend due to differences of time and distance will be able to participate because of this unique opportunity.

Seminars will be held via Zoom, and registration is not required. One day prior to the seminar, a link will be shared that provides direct access to the seminar. Please note that this process is subject to change based on any issues that may arise throughout the semester––it may be a few weeks of trial and error, so your patience is appreciated. We hope that you’ll join us on selected Tuesdays at 12PM for one or all of the following:

FALL 2020 Modern Optics and Spectroscopy Seminar

9/29 – Peng Chen (Cornell University)

10/27 – Dan Fu (University of Washington)

11/17 – Gilad Haran (Weizmann Institute of Science)*

11/24 – Dan Oron (Weizmann Institute of Science)*

12/8 – Dasari Fest (Ishan Barman, Jeon Woong Kang, Gabriel Popescu, Adam Wax)

12/15 – Julia Stähler (Humboldt University of Berlin)*

*These seminars will begin at a time TBA due to time zone differences for our speakers, please keep an eye out for email updates!

If you have any questions, or would like to join the MOS email list, please contact cbrooks at mit.edu<mailto:cbrooks at mit.edu>.

We look forward to seeing everyone virtually!

Christine Brooks
Administrative Assistant
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Chemistry