[MOS] 11/7 - Modern Optics and Spectroscopy Seminar with Chen Yuan Dong (National Taiwan University)

Christine Brooks cbrooks at mit.edu
Tue Oct 31 11:52:20 EDT 2017

There will be a Modern Optics and Spectroscopy Seminar held Tuesday, November 7 at 12pm in 34-401:

Chen Yuan Dong
Department of Physics
National Taiwan University

Moving Multiphoton Tissue Microscopy Towards Whole Organ Tissue Informatics

In the decades since the invention of multiphoton microscopy, this imaging modality continues to make significant impact in diverse fields of biology and medicine. In my lab, we have been developing nonlinear optical imaging to address basic physiological questions and seek medical applications at the tissue/organ level. The fields we have investigated include dermatology, ophthalmology, hepatology, tissue engineering, infectious diseases, and others. Based on our progress on tissue imaging, I will discuss how this technology can be developed into high content whole organ imaging at submicron resolution. The implication of this approach in biology and biotechnology will be discussed.

Refreshments will be served immediately following the seminar

Christine Brooks
Administrative Assistant
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Chemistry