[MOS] September 29, 2015, Hui Cao, Yale University

Zina M Queen zqueen at mit.edu
Wed Sep 23 08:14:33 EDT 2015

Seminar on
Modern Optics and Spectroscopy
Design laser for speckle-free imaging and use speckle for high-resolution spectrometer
Hui Cao,
Yale University
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Speckle has posed a serious issue for many imaging applications based on laser illumination. We recently developed simple yet effective approaches to tailor the spatial coherence of lasers for free-speckle full-field imaging. In addition, we used speckle pattern as fingerprint to recover optical spectra and build high-resolution compact spectrometers.

Grier Room, MIT Bldg. 34-401
Refreshments served after the lecture