[Mobilepartners] Motorola Droid Update - Issue with MIT Exchange?

Edward R Block erblock at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 11 18:12:54 EST 2009

So maybe because the device ID's changed enough during the upgrade that device needs to be removed from Exchange prior to re-syncing?  That is what I am trying now.  Will report back if issue still repeats.  Also, I incorrectly stated that contacts and calendar were not affected.  Although contacts were not removed from the phone when the exchange account was "lost", the calendar and contacts sync were also lost when exchange was involuntarily "removed" from the Droid.
Ed

From: mobilepartners-bounces at MIT.EDU [mailto:mobilepartners-bounces at MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of Edward R Block
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 6:07 PM
To: mobilepartners at mit.edu
Subject: [Mobilepartners] Motorola Droid Update - Issue with MIT Exchange?

Hi,

Since applying the Verizon patch, I have lost MIT Exchange Mail account twice!  Once overnight and again today, only hours after setting it up again.  The contacts and calendar sync was unaffected on both occasions, but all my mail on the Droid was gone and if email was selected from the home screen it pops up a screen to create an email account with no sign of any existing accounts.

Actually, now that I think about it, my Gmail email also disappeared both times.  I don't have Gmail synchronizing, but the account "was" there before the first MIT Exchange mail account disappearing.

Any confirmation or clues anyone??

Thanks,
Ed