[Mobilepartners] BlackBerry Internet Service / Scheduled Outage & Upgrade

Matthew Sullivan irishman at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 27 13:48:37 EDT 2008

Hello All:

We have received unofficial information (I'm waiting contact from our
RIM Rep for an Official announcement) regarding scheduled maintenance
outage and upgrade of RIM's BlackBerry Internet Service.

BlackBerry Internet Service will be upgraded from v2.4 to v2.5. This
is a significant upgrade and is reported to include many feature
enhancements for BIS users. This upgrade is also in preparation for
BlackBerry's next-generation 9xxx series devices.

The outage is reported to occur tonight @ 12:00 midnight (28 June 2008
00:00:00 EDT) and last till 8am (28 June 2008 08:00:00 EDT). Due to
the scheduled outage users may be unable to send or receive messages,
use the BlackBerry Internet Service website, and or perform BIS
account changes. Users may also experience a backup of email messages
and a delayed arrival when then system comes online.

Once I receive official information about the changes to BlackBerry
Internet Service, I will be sure to pass it along to the community.

Best,
Matt Sullivan

Matthew Sullivan - Mobile Devices Consultant
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Information Services & Technology - SWRT
P: 617-253-6445
E: irishman at mit.edu\

Do you have a Mobile Device? Try http://m.mit.edu (beta)!