[Mobilepartners] DST Issue for Palm OS Devices

Andrew Yu andrewyu at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 1 18:08:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

This message affects all users of Palm OS devices including Treo 650, 680,
700p, and 755p.

There has been a number of reported incidents for Palm OS device users that
calendar events from 11/1 through 11/3 are shifted by one hour (e.g. 10 am
meeting appearing as 9 am meeting, etc.) when synchronizing with TechTime
Calendar Server (either on the device or on the server). The calendar
entries for days prior to 11/1 and after 11/3 are not affected. Windows
Mobile, BlackBerry, and other mobile devices should be ok.

Users of Palm OS Treo devices are advised to be aware of this issue and use
alternate means to view/add/edits events (e.g. using desktop client software
or web-version of TechTime Calendar). The problem occurs regardless of
whether the device had DST Patch applied.

We have reported this incident to Palm, Inc., however, given the short
notice and the immediacy of the problem, we advise the users to be careful
when reviewing the calendar entries from 11/1 (Thursday) through 11/3
(Saturday).

Andrew

Andrew Yu
Mobile Devices Platform Coordinator