[Mobilepartners] Treo 700p Update for Sprint Customers ONLY

Albert Willis awillis at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 7 14:58:36 EDT 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 7:25 AM, Andrew Yu wrote:

> Thanks Al for sending the email.
>
> If anyone actually tried to perform the maintenance update and ran
> into problems with Sprint Palm Treo 700p, please see the article
> below that will provide further instructions including getting
> replacement devices.
>
> http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9448/palm-removes-sprint-700p-mr-
> update/
>
> Andrew

I was able to download and apply the update before it was pulled. I
did experience the update trying to reinstall itself, but I was able
to break out of that. So far, my Treo seems more stable and faster--
no more annoying delays switching between VersaMail and the web
browser, for example. Browsing also seems a little faster.

I haven't had a crash since I upgraded, which is good sign so far.

   -- Al

Albert Willis
Macintosh Platform Coordinator
Software Release Team