[Mobilepartners] coverage maps from all cell carriers

Joan M. Cyr jcyr at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 27 16:23:57 EDT 2007

Hi everyone...

In our iPhone meeting, Jerry requested that we put coverage maps for
AT&T on our cell website...I took it one step further and put links on
all of our carriers pages to their coverage maps.

If you go to our main landing page for Cell Phones
http://web.mit.edu/ist/services/telecommunications/cellphones.html

Click on the carrier name and go to their specific MIT page..on it,
you'll find a link with instructions on how to get to the coverage map.

Understand...these are high level estimates of wireless coverage.  When
I looked at the AT&T map showing EDGE coverage, of course, it's all
orange (BEST coverage) blanketing across MIT campus.  I spoke to our
major account manager about this, how our iPhone users were commenting
how the EDGE coverage was spotty, she suggested that if you find an
outdoor area where coverage is lacking, to let her know and she will
report it to engineering.

Best way to do that is to email cell-feedback at mit.edu with as much
detail as you can, and I'll make sure the info gets to AT&T. Years ago,
I spoke to AT&T (when they were Cingular) engineering about putting cell
transmitters on campus, but the places they wanted to put them were not
available for their use.  Perhaps we can revisit this based on new data
as to where the coverage is lacking today.

Anyway, have a good weekend everyone!

Joni
--
*Joan M. Cyr