[Mobilepartners] issues with setup of SyncML

Andrew Yu andrewyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 7 14:09:35 EDT 2007

Hi Clayton,

The error message that you referenced (Receiving error) may be due to
a number of things, but most typically it has to do with the URL or
Server Path information that the user enters to configure the SyncML
client. I would suggest that you double-check the URL and path
information. For example, the last part of the server url should read
"ocas.fcgi" (F-C-G-I) and not (F-C-Q-I).

Also, you may want to install SyncML version 3.0 for Palm OS on your
T|X. SyncML version 2.5 is known to crash Palm T|X, but the vendor
addressed this issue with version 3.0.

Finally, when using SyncML from T|X, it would be best to make sure
that the device has connectivity before using SyncML. On T|X, you can
manually turn on the Wi-Fi and connect to the network first before
opening SyncML. In theory, any application requesting network
connection should automatically trigger the device to connect, but in
practice, there are times when they do not work as advertised.

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me for further
troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Yu