[mitgis] new GPS units availabel for checkout through MIT GIS Services

Lisa Sweeney lsweeney at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 14 18:56:51 EST 2010

MIT GIS Services has recently added new Garmin GPSMAP62s GPS units to our collection.

These new units have a high sensitivity quad helix antenna, so they pick up satellite signals faster and hold the signal better than the Garmin Etrex units in our collection. They also have a color display, are easily readable in the dark and in bright sunlight, have 1.7 gigabytes of memory, and are easily recognized by computers via a USB cable.

These are now available for checkout through the Rotch Library front desk.
For more information visit: http://libraries.mit.edu/gis/software/gps.html

Happy navigating!

Lisa

Head, GIS Services, MIT Libraries