Subject: [Mitbadminton] Fwd: Volunteers still needed for Badminton Boston Open 2006

From: YU PU <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:07:14 -0500

>X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.2
>Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:34:36 -0500
>From: Cindy Wang <[email-masked]>
>User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5 (Windows/20051201)
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Volunteers still needed for Boston Open 2006
>X-Spam-Score: -3.783
>X-Spam-Flag: NO
>X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.42
>
>Dear All,
>
>As the tournament is approaching, we are still short of volunteers 
>to help out at the tournament. Please volunteer just a few hours if 
>you can, and it would mean so much to us. Also there is a correction 
>to the letter that I sent out a week ago. You will receive a FREE 
>2006 T-shirt if you volunteer 4 hours or more. (I wrote a FREE 2004 
>T-shirt instead in my last letter, sorry for the confusion), please 
>read the letter below for more information.
>
>As you've probably heard it's almost time for the Boston Open 
>badminton tournament.  This year is the 10^th year anniversary and 
>the tournament will take place at MIT on the weekend of March 
>24th-26th.  If you were lucky enough to catch any of the tournament 
>last year, you'll know what an exciting and fun weekend it 
>is.  During the past few years, we have had the chance to see some 
>of the top players in the U.S.A. and from beyond playing in the MIT 
>gym and there were some great and very exciting matches. One of the 
>highlights was undoubtedly getting to watch Tony Gunawan from 
>Indonesia competing - the Mens Doubles Gold medalist from the 2000 
>Sydney Olympics and the Mens Doubles Gold medalist at the 2005 World 
>Championships.
>
>As always, in order to stage a successful event like this, we need a 
>large band of volunteers. We hope that lots of MIT badminton 
>enthusiasts will be able to volunteer a little bit of their time to 
>help out sometime during the weekend. We need to collect a list of 
>everyone who's willing to help so we can come up with a schedule. 
>Even if you can afford just a couple of hours of your time, it will 
>still be very valuable for us. Typical volunteer jobs include 
>shuttle control (giving shuttles to the players when they need them) 
>and score-writing (posting scores of completed matches).  And for 
>those who want to get really close to the action, we also need line 
>judge volunteers as well.
>Separate training for line judge volunteers will be given before the event.
>
>This year all volunteers who generously give a few hours of their 
>time (4 hours minimum) will receive a free 2006 Boston Open 
>T-shirt.  So for a free Boston Open shirt, please volunteer just a 
>few hours of your time during the weekend of March 24th-26th and 
>help make the 10^th year anniversary 2006 Boston Open at MIT another 
>huge success.  If you are interested in either being a general 
>volunteer or a line judge volunteer, please fill out the following 
>information below and send them back to the volunteer coordinator 
>(Cindy Wang) at ([email-masked])  Thanks for helping out and we look 
>forward to seeing you at the tournament,
>
>Chris Lawrence and the MITBaC officers
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Volunteer Preference Form -- Boston Open 2006
>
>Signing up to be Official Volunteers for the Boston Open 2006 
>couldn't be simpler!  Here's how:
>
>1) Decide what you want to do:
>
>a) Shuttlecock Station (all day Friday & Saturday)
>b) Score Writer (all day Friday & Saturday)
>c) Line Judges (Sat evening and Sun; beginners ok; you will get trained)
>
>2) Decide the times you are available and the hours you will commit.
>
>We need shuttlecock station & score writer volunteers during these hours:
>Friday:  (2-4 pm), (4-6 pm), (6-8 pm) & (8-11 pm)
>Saturday:  (9-11 am), (11-1 pm), (1-3 pm), (3-5 pm), (5-7 pm) & (7-9 pm)
>Sunday: (9-11 am)
>
>Please sign up in 2-hour slots and indicate your preference.
>We need line judges during these hours:
>Saturday:  (5-9 pm, semi-finals)
>Sunday:  (10:30 am-3:30 pm, finals)
>
>Please sign up for either for Saturday or Sunday.
>
>Note: All line judges must attend a mandatory training session 
>before the tournament.  (date and time will be sent out).
>
>In order to qualify for a FREE Boston Open t-shirt, you must commit 
>at least 4 hours.  (Believe me, it goes by quickly.)
>
>Please kindly email this form to ([email-masked]) preferably no later 
>than March 10 for line judges and March 15 for all other positions.
>Remember, ALL line judges are required to attend a mandatory training session.
>
>Thank you!!!
>
>Cindy Wang
>MIT Badminton
>

Yu (Elaine) Pu, Ph.D candidate
Department of Chemical Engineering
MIT, Cambridge

Office: 56-454
Ph: 617-253-0470 (O)
Group website: http://web.mit.edu/clcgroup