Subject: [Mitbadminton] To all MIT CSSA badminton club members: please read this email carefully

From: Yingxia Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:17:58 -0400

Dear members,

Hope you all had a great start for the semester.

In case you don't know me, I am Yingxia Yang. Together with Sanquan Song, I am
in charge of MIT CSSA badminton club. What we used to do in the past is to
reserve badminton courts every week and send out emails to members like you
about the time and location, which is usually on Tuesday and in Z-center
Rockwell cage court, so that people who would like to play can come together
and play. This is in addition to the reservation that MIT badminton club has
regularly on Friday and Sunday.

But as you may have noticed, there are two changes that happened this year,
which makes me think that we probably should consider whether we want to
continue to do this or not:

One change is that Z-center doesn't take individual reservation any more. Other
than the times booked by clubs, the rest of the time is just for open
recreation which runs on the first-come first-serve basis. You can check the
schedule of open recreation online: http://mitrecsports.com/

Therefore, we MIT CSSA badminton club can no longer book the court. Fortunately,
the other change is that MIT badminton club, which has a higher priority than
MIT CSSA badminton club, has added Tuesday night as a regular time. So as the
result, there are usually three times you can play, Tuesday night, Friday night
and Sunday night except for some special events. You can check the schedule
here:http://badminton.mit.edu/

Given the above two changes, we can't reserve the court and doesn't seem to need
to reserve the court given the current frequency of reservation by MIT badminton
club. Therefore, what probably makes sense is that you join the MIT badminton
club regular times. Joining MIT badminton club activities also have additional
benefits: get to know more people and get training by coach that are very top
players on Sunday if you are an MIT student. For detailes, you can also check
out the website:http://badminton.mit.edu/

However, I think there is still reason to keep this email list since people may
want to go to play at times that are not reserved by MIT badminton club and so
they can use this email to ask if other people may also want to go. To do this,
I suggest doing two things: FIRSTLY is that I will give each member the right to
send emails to all members on the list, which used to be disabled to prevent
spam. Then SECONDLY, if you are annoyed by people's emails about this and think
there is no value to be on this list, feel free to remove yourself from the
list.

So please let me know if you have other suggestions or options by this weekend.
Otherwise, I will go ahead with what I said next Monday assuming everyone is
fine with it.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best Wishes!
Yingxia