Subject: [Mitbadminton] club activity this Saturday and the new update

From: YU PU <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:22:36 -0400

Hi all,

     Thanks for those of you who replied my email and suggested your 
preferred time. Most people prefer Saturday afternoon or evening time. 
Since usually another badminton club has its activities on Sunday, wen tend 
to not conflict with them.

     Due to the limited communication, there are some problems to be solved 
in our club:

1. You don't know if there is someone else showing up besides yourself. 
Someone went to the court and couldn't find anyone else attending on that day.
2. there is only one court reserved at one time. If more than 4 person 
come, someone has to wait aside and waste his time.
3. Only 2 hours a week is not enough for those who really loves playing 
badminton. You may want to find a play mate at weekdays and play more 
frequently.

     In order to enhance the activity of our club, I generated another 
platform for club members: Yahoo-calender.

The steps are quite simple.

    (1)  Go to: http://calendar.yahoo.com/
    (2)  Sign in:  Yahoo ID:   mitymqclub
                        password:   badminton
    (3)  if you want to mark the calendar:  find the date of your 
reservation, note the court location and the time slot
    (4)  if you want to sign up for an event:  click on the event, add your 
name in the 'Notes' column showing 'Attendee'

In this way, everyone can check the number of attendee before each event 
and decide whether to go or not. Everyone can also make his own 
reservations and mark it on the calendar in advance, usually two days 
earlier than the event. If you happens to look for a play mate, go to the 
calendar and check if someone has already made a reservation and been 
waiting for the partners.

I hope this approach can facilitate our internal communication. We can try 
and see if it works well from this week on.

I reserved the north court at Rockwell Cage from 6-8pm this Saturday 
(Sep.03). Go check the calendar and add your name in if you want to attend.

Sorry for the lengthy email. Let me know if you have any questions. Any 
suggestions and feedback are appreciated.

Best,
Yu
Yu Pu, Ph.D candidate
Department of Chemical Engineering
MIT, Cambridge

Office: 56-454
Ph: 617-253-0470 (O)
Group website: http://web.mit.edu/clcgroup