[Macpartners] dead Power Mac G4 1.25GHz with "mirror door"

David Schloerb schloerb at MIT.EDU
Thu May 14 14:38:49 EDT 2009

Hi All,

My MIT-owned computer recently died and I am wondering if anyone has
a similar derelict computer that I might use for parts to try to
repair it. In particular, my best guess is that it needs a new power
supply. Unfortunately, it is too old for the MIT computer center to
even diagnose and our lab doesn't have the money to buy a new
computer now (or even buy parts that might not fix the problem).

Alternatively, if you have a working mac (comparable to a Power Mac
G4 1.25GHz) that I could transfer my hard disk to--and you would like
to give it away--please let me know. I would also be grateful for any
other suggestions anyone might have about how I can repair or replace
my old computer with minimum hassle.

Thanks,

David

P.S. Does anyone have a repair manual for this Mac?