[Macpartners] automate patch download & install

Duncan S Kincaid dsk at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 23 14:50:36 EDT 2009

sorry, forgot the reboot piece. note that this needs to be launched as
a LaunchDaemon as admin privs required.

=============================

#!/bin/bash
softwareupdate -i -a
shutdown -r now
exit 0

=============================

On Jun 23, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Duncan S Kincaid wrote:

> you can write a shell script which runs as often as you like at
> whatever time of day you like (use launchd).
> example below:
>
> =============================
> #!/bin/bash
> softwareupdate -i -a
> exit 0
> =============================
>
> you might care to add other items to the script which are handy for
> regular maintenance (such as repair disk permissions, email you the
> results, etc)/
> we have a monthly script run at 7AM on the first of every month
> which does all this and more.
> you are welcome to a copy if you like.
>
> On Jun 23, 2009, at 1:59 PM, William de Figueiredo wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. I want to be able to download critical
>> patches, install, and reboot the system without user intervention.
>> Is this possible with Mac OS 10.5?
>>
>> Bill

>> William de Figueiredo
>> MIT