[Macpartners] mapping ports on http requests

Mark Klein m_klein at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 8 12:47:25 EDT 2009

Scott & Quentin,

Thanks for the pointers. When the IPFW forwarding rule is in place, I
get an "unknown virtual host" error from cl-http. My guess is that cl-
http is complaining because the packets were originally addressed to
port 80, even though they were redirected to port 8000. So I can see
at least two possibilities:

1) write NATD/IPFW rules such the packets themselves are changed so
they look like they were originally sent to port 8000, so cl-http
doesn't complain

2) I can build a cl-http virtual host

Any ideas on which is easier? Any pointers on how to do (1) or (2)
above?

     Thanks,

	Mark

Mark Klein