[Macpartners] mapping ports on http requests

Quentin Smith quentin at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 7 09:55:56 EDT 2009

It looks like you might be able to use an ipfw rule that looks like

ipfw add forward 127.0.0.1,8000 tcp from any to $PUBIP 80

where $PUBIP is your public IP address.

(That's just from a quick scan of the ipfw manpage; I haven't tried it.)

I think you might be able to use Flying Buttress to configure this rule:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~brian_hill/flyingbuttress.html

--Quentin