[Macpartners] Problem accessing certain certificate protected web sites using Safari on Mac OS X 10.5.3

Patrick McNeal mcneal at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 2 14:18:15 EDT 2008

Good Afternoon,

Last week, Apple released Mac OS X 10.5.3 which introduced a problem
that prevents Safari from accessing some websites that require an MIT
personal certificate.  This includes accessing certain screens of
SAPweb and SAPweb Self-Service, as well as Stellar.

As IS&T works with Apple on this issue, users can use Firefox to
access these web sites.  If this is the first time you've used
Firefox, you will need to install the MIT CA and your personal
certificate into Firefox[1] before accessing these applications.
Stellar users can alternatively login with their kerberos credentials
by using Touchstone.

We will send out an update once we have more information.

--Patrick

[1] http://itinfo.mit.edu/article.php?id=8488

Patrick McNeal
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Client Support Services, Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
N42-250E
Cambridge, MA 02139
+1 617 253-0196