[Macpartners] Upcoming Events - Office 2008 Demo & April MacPartners Meeting

Patrick McNeal mcneal at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 9 15:49:23 EDT 2008

Looking at the calendar, we've got two events that I wanted to remind
the community about:

Friday, April 11, 2008 - Microsoft will give a presentation on some of
the new features in Office 2008 for Mac in the Broad Institute's
Auditorium[1] from 2 to 3:30 p.m.  This session is open to the entire
MIT community.  There is no need to RSVP as seating is first come,
first served.  IS&T staff will also be on hand to answer any MIT
specific questions that might come up.  A flyer can be found here:

Monday April 21, 2008 - At this month's MacPartners meeting we're
going to talk about security.  I'll cover a rang of topics from file
encryption to open firmware passwords, and share some tips on how to
make your Mac a bit more secure.  This meeting will be held from Noon
- 1 pm in the N42 demo center[2].

--Patrick

[1] http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?selection=NE30;selectlayer=Buildings
[2] http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?selection=N42;selectlayer=Buildings

Patrick McNeal
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Client Support Services, Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
N42-250E
Cambridge, MA 02139
+1 617 253-0196