[Macpartners] need a way to separate names

Phyllis Collymore pcollymo at MIT.EDU
Thu May 3 17:05:53 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have been sent an excel spreadsheet which has names in the format,

last name, first name

I know how to remove the commas en mass, but do not know of a way to
separate the first and last names easily.  Once the commas are out, I
cut the first name out and paste it into an adjacent column.  Does
anyone know of a way to separate the names into two columns, as I
need to have the first and last names as separate data fields.

Thanks for any better ideas, as the cut&paste method is time consuming.

Phyllis