[Macpartners] Don't upgrade to Mac OS X 10.4.7

Albert Willis awillis at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 27 17:40:46 EDT 2006

Apple released an update to Mac OS X 10.4.7 today. We're recommending
that you don't upgrade to it at this time.

We're going to need a few days for testing to ensure that MIT's
applications function as expected. Support providers: while you
should not deploy this update to your users, you may wish to test as
well. You do the following:

- have a current backup

- verify that your hard drive is in good shape; users of 10.4.3 (and
newer) can use the Verify Disk option in Disk Utility to check;
others should boot from an install CD and use Disk Utility.

- test on a non-production machine

- run repair permissions after the upgrade

   -- Al

Albert Willis
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Client Support Services
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
awillis at mit.edu