[Macpartners] Eudora Retirement Announcement

Jonathan Hunt jmhunt at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 20 16:29:07 EDT 2006

Good Afternoon,

Information Services and Technology (IS&T) has announced that it will
retire support for Eudora on December 31, 2006.  For more complete
details, please see:

	http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/email/eudora-retire.html

The retirement of support means that IS&T will not release new
customized Eudora installers, will not test Eudora on upcoming
operating systems, like Windows Vista, and over time knowledge about
troubleshooting Eudora problems will degrade.  We will be moving the
current Eudora installers on the MIT Software Download site to the
Archive pages.  If you need to access these installers going forward,
you can find them by clicking on the <Platform> Archive link at the
bottom of the pages.

We understand that many departments, labs and centers have already
migrated off of Eudora and that many others have plans to do so this
summer.  Assistance in migrating to the supported email applications
of Outlook Express, Outlook 2003 and Apple Mail is available from
IS&T in the form of onsite help, training courses, documentation and
walk-in service.  Links to the various services and instructions are
available at:

	http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/email/migration.html

This announcement will also appear in the upcoming issue of the IS&T
Newsletter.

Thank you,
Jon
Jonathan McIndoe Hunt     MIT EECS '97 617.253.0172
Manager Software Services
Client Support Services
Information Services & Technology, MIT
http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/software/