[Macpartners] Mac OS X 10.4.3: It’s a go

Albert Willis awillis at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 16 14:34:48 EST 2005

Based on lots of testing and feedback, we have arrived at the
conclusion that users should be able to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.4.3
without experiencing problems.

Users wishing to upgrade should follow the usual precautions:

- Always have a current backup before attempting to install any
operating system update

- if you haven't done so in a while, boot from a Mac OS X install CD,
run Disk Utility and use the repair disk option, to repair any file
system inconsistencies (this is the same as booting into single user
mode  and running /sbin/fsck -fy from the command line for those who
are Unix-savvy; if you have no idea what I'm talking about, pretend
you didn't read this for now…)

- after installing the update, run Disk Utility and use the Repair
Permissions option to fix permissions that may need fixin'

The details about 10.4.3 are available at http://www.apple.com/
support/downloads/macosxupdate1043.html.

   -- Al

Albert Willis
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
awillis at mit.edu