[Macpartners] 12" Powerbook issue

Thomas Polce tpolce at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 10 11:35:02 EST 2005

Hello all. I'll try to make this as short as possible.

I have a 12" Powerbook that shipped with Tiger. I need the flexability to boot
into Panther 10.3.7 . I created the necessary partitions and tried to install a
full version of Panther. The computer gives me the circle with a slash through
it. I have done some digging and found out that any powerbook that shipped with
Tiger will not allow one to install any version of Panther that is below 10.3.3.
Unfortunately, one can only purchase Panther at 10.3 .

It would seem I need to find out if a full version of 10.3.3 or higher is
available as a full install. In desperation I tried to load full version of
Panther 10.3.4 that came with an Ibook. My Powerbook allowed me to do the
install and it works just fine, however since the install discs were for an
Ibook and NOT a powerbook, my scrolling trackpad and Audio Inputs and Outputs
were not recognized.

Where can I find a Full install of 10.3.3 or higher(not past 10.3.7) or an
install disc that came with a 12" powerbook?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tom