[Macpartners] Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" Update

Albert Willis awillis at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 23 10:58:32 EDT 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Carolyn Fuller wrote:

> Helen,
>

>> Kerberos is completely usable. The only known Kerberos issue is if
>> you have implemented Kerberos tickets on login, which involves
>> making modifications to the /etc/authorization file. If you have
>> never edited this file, you (and your users) are not affected.
>>

> This is not true. There is the issue that MIT and Apple are working
> on right now that involves Rich Text Formatted Mail.app email and
> Kerberos. This is a pretty serious bug that causes incoming email
> and gibberish to be appended onto outgoing email. Setting your
> "Composing: Message Format: Plain Text" does not mean you will
> avoid this bug. If you copy and paste Rich Text, it will stay Rich
> Text unless you remember to manually convert to plain text before
> you hit "Send".

Carolyn, I'm not aware of this bug. Could you provide the steps and
configuration required to duplicate the problem?

Thanks.

   -- Al

Albert Willis
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
awillis at mit.edu