[Macpartners] Tiger Mail problems

Carolyn Fuller fuller at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 17 17:19:51 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm having pretty serious problems with Mail both the version in Mac OS
X 10.3.9 and the version in Tiger.

The problems seems to be with mail that has special formatting or
attachments.

For instance, the other day, I tried to help one of my LISTSERV email
users who was having problems because within the body of the email she
was trying to post she had a "Reply-To:" followed by the email list
address. This causes LISTSERV to reject the posting. I copied the
bounced email from LISTSERV and pasted it into new email to the person,
explaining the problem.

1- The first problem I noticed was that this new email from me to my
end user was in my "Out" box for so long that it timed out.
2- The next thing I noticed was that a lot of the text I had copied was
being treated with special formatting (the subject of her original
email and the Date & Reply-to that was causing problems for LISTSERV).
I deleted the email from my "Out" box.
3- But the person I was trying to help has been receiving this email
from me at a rate of 150 per hour for two days! She has set up a filter
to block all mail from me to stop it!

What is going on? Is this a known problem? Has anyone else been
experiencing problems like this?

---
Carolyn Fuller
Massachusetts Institute of Technology