[Macpartners] reading PDFs - Safari & Firefox

Bill Guarente Guarente at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 2 14:48:00 EDT 2005

Hello Partners~

Our department regularly delivers documents to library patrons using
PDF.  Recently, the number of problems in viewing these files has
increased.  It seems that for Windows users, the combination of Firefox
1.0.x and Adobe Acrobat is problematic, but only for some PDFs.  Disabling
the Acrobat plug-in and opening with AcroExch is the best work around I've
found for that.

Safari / Macintosh users seem to have a lot of trouble.  Does any of you
know the secrets of reading PDFs on a Mac?  I'm looking for something I can
add to a web page to help struggling patrons.

Thanks,

~Bill

Bill Guarente
Document Services