[Macpartners] Changing Citrix session resolutions...?

Kerem B Limon k_limon at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 9 20:47:18 EST 2005

Thanks, Helen! Just what I am looking for. I figured there'd be a .rdp file like
configuration cache/file.

While I was looking, I also came across

http://web.mit.edu/warehouse/citrix.html

which describes how to change the window size from the client connection app.

However, what you describe below is far more useful in terms of
centralized deployment and pushing files to clients.

Danke,
-Kerem

Quoting Helen Rose <hrose at MIT.EDU>:

> At 16:24 -0500 2005-02-09, Kerem B Limon wrote:
> >Is it possible to adjust what resolution the Citrix sessions will
> >use under Mac OS X, from the client side? The particular MIT
> >configuration does not provide a complete WIN.MIT.EDU environment,
> >but runs in application mode where the application launched is the
> >only accessible process. There doesn't appear to be anything on the
> >client side that is GUI-accessible, at least, to change it.
>
> Edit the .ica file. You're looking for the lines:
> DesiredHRES   and
> DesiredVRES
>
> while you're at it, you can change the line RemoveICAFile from "yes"
> to "no", and the .ica file will live (nearly) forever, preserving the
> window resolution changes.
>
> --Helen

Kerem B. Limon
kerem.limon at mit.edu /e-mail