[Macpartners] Re: Printing/CUPS problems after Security Update 2005-001?

Kerem B Limon k_limon at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 9 16:18:22 EST 2005

Quoting David Backeberg <dave at math.mit.edu>:

> Can she print successfully from any other applications? Can she print to a
> file successfully from any other applications?

She can kill trees and demolish electrons both from other applications. No
problems on anything but FileMaker.

> When you say "fails to produce a pdf", do you mean no file is created, or
> that the file that is generated fails to open with Preview and Acrobat?

The file generated is nil, as in, there is nothing in it, and all that opens in
the Preview or Acrobat window is an empty page.

Incidentally, she has recently been able to select the records themselves in
'Browse' mode, and apparently print them from there, but still nothing from
Record/Form view.

-Kerem

> --
> David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)
> Network Staff Assistant
> MIT Math Dept.
> Rm. 2-332            (617) 253-4995
>
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Kerem B Limon wrote:
>
> > This is a consistent, reproducible error, and she's not been able to print
> from
> > FileMaker since. We've tried simplifying the fonts down to all Arial, and
> there
> > are no graphics or other objects in the view. The document also fails to
> > produce a PDF using Acrobat or Preview.
> >
> > Any suggestions? FileMaker tech support appears to be not free (unless
> MIT's
> > install key is accepted--anyone know the terms of the agreement)?
> >
> > -Kerem
> >

> > Kerem B. Limon
> > kerem.limon at mit.edu /e-mail

Kerem B. Limon