[Macpartners] problem upgrading from 10.3 to 10.4

Stan Diamond stan at broad.mit.edu
Sat Dec 17 07:06:06 EST 2005

We have been upgrading all our macs from 10.3.9 to 10.4.3 and have
run into one problem

This has so far only happened on two aluminum laptops

after the upgrade is done and we reboot, the Administrator account is
missing from the list of users in the login screen. The account
appears to still be there in the machine but it will not display to
allow login to the machine as admin.

Has anyone seen this and more important has anyone found a fix to get
the admin account to display again?

TIA
Stan

Stan Diamond
Team Leader for Desktop Support
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
MIT NE125-2115,
320 Charles Street Cambridge, MA  02141-2023
mailto:stan at broad.mit.edu
fax: +1 617 452 4588     voice: +1 617 452 4817