[Macpartners] overheated powerbook g4

Karen Johnson karenj at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 6 16:51:57 EST 2005

Hi,

I do not know about the overheating part but I know about the reviving part :).

Do you know about resetting PRAM? At startup you need to hold down
the apple, option, P and R keys and listen to 4 chimes (some will say
3 chimes). When you have heard 4 chimes, let go of the keys and let
the machine startup normally. This is the same as resetting the logic
board I am told. It can work wonders.

If you cannot get your machine to respond at all, then use a coin (or
something) to open the door to the battery pack. That will cause the
machine to shut off completely. Then you will be able to initiate
startup, holding down all of the keys to reset pram.

Hope this helps,

karen