[Macpartners] mac os x 10.4 aklog kerberos plug-in?

Duncan Kincaid dsk at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 6 08:50:51 EST 2005

Sirs/Madams

Pre OS X 10.4 ('Tiger') there was a Kerberos plug-in developed by
Alexei Kosut which obtained an AFS token after each login into
Kerberos.
This plug-in seems to be broken under OS X 10.4.x.

Would anyone know:
1. whether there are any plans by anyone to fix it, or replace it?
2. what might be done in its stead? We have users' home directories on
afs, so at the minimum we need the tokens at login. A simple bash
script run by loginhook (shown below) doesn't seem to work even though
user has krb4 and 5 tickets before it runs.

#!/bin/sh
su $1
aklog athena
exit 0

any ideas/leads/links would be greatly appreciated.

best
duncan kincaid
urban studies and planning
MIT