[Macpartners] Apple Seminar in N42 10/13 AM

Jay McSweeney jaym at apple.com
Tue Oct 12 12:52:43 EDT 2004

Hello,

     On 10.13 the Mac Partners Group is sponsoring an Apple "Power
Computing for BioClusters" seminar in N42s demo center.         We've
added a presentation from Geoff Holette and Chuck Shubert from IS&T .
They will present their HPC pilot project and demonstrate Grid
Mathematica  at about 11:00 AM

Henry Patel , Apple Consulting Engineer ,  will present a "Tiger Server
and xSAN Overview"  at 11:30 till 12:30.  This is a change in the
original agenda to provide a more general overview of Tiger Server and
xSan than the seminar title would indicate.

The Keynote presentation by Dr. Bill Van Etten  from BioTeam will start
at about 9:15.   Bill  has a vast background in bioinformatics and
building computational clusters.

I hope you can join us for one or all of these sessions.

Regards

Jay

8:30 am     Registration & Continental Breakfast
9 am        Welcome & Agenda Overview
9:15 am     Clustering for Informatics (Bill Van Etten, BioTeam)
             In this session, we will describe building, administering
and
             using clusters for the performance of scientific research.
In
             greater detail, we will demonstrate the advantages of doing
the
             same on Apple hardware -- with Apple remote administration
tools
             -- and BioTeam's iNquiry.
10:45 am    Break

11:00 am     MIT IS&T Academic Computing HPC Pilot Project Presentation
	      Grid Mathematic Demo
		Geoff Hulette  - MIT
		Chuck Shubert - MIT

11:30 am    Apple TIger Server and XSAN  Overview (Henry Patel)
             We will provide an overview of Tiger Server, the next
generation
             OS X Server product. In addition we will review, in depth,
our
             new clustered file system: XSAN.

12:30 pm    Close