[Macpartners] Fall 2004 Software CD release effort underway

Mark Van Dyke mvan at MIT.EDU
Fri May 21 08:43:00 EDT 2004

Good morning,

The CD Release Team has begun planning for the production of the fifth
version of the "Fall Getting Started CD" for Macintosh and Windows.
Past releases of the CD have been identified by the label design; the
most recent design was black with silver text.

The CD was originally produced to handle the bottleneck of new students
who arrive at the start of the fall term needing the core software
applications installed on their computers.  This has been especially
helpful to those with slow internet connections and has since proven to
be a valuable tool for many others.

We are currently reviewing the contents.  Attached is a list of
applications that we plan to include on this year's release.  One major
change is the addition of a suite of linux software.

Our goal is to have the CD ready for duplication by August 1 and for
distribution in time for back to school.  For more information on the
CD and the release effort, see the CD Release Notebook at
http://web.mit.edu/swrt/releases/mitcd/.  If you have questions,
suggestions, or would like to participate in the release of this CD,
please contact the team via email at cd-release at mit.edu.

Thanks for your input!

Deb Bowser
Susan Jones
Atticus Gifford
Lee Ridgway
Thomas Smith
Mark Van Dyke
Christine Verick
Ginny Williams
Al Willis

Windows

.	VirusScan 7.x
.	Adobe Reader 6
.	Kerberos for Windows 2.6
.	Eudora 5.2.1
.	KLP
.	FileZilla 2.1.9
.	HostExplorer
.	SecureCRT
.	TSM
.	Stretch Break
.	SecureFX
.	iPass
.	VPN client
.	TechTime Desktop Clients
.	TechTime Palm sync client
.	X-Win32 client

Macintosh 0S X

.	Virex
.	Adobe Reader
.	Kerberos Extras kerberos settings files
.	Eudora
.	Fetch
.	TSM
.	Stretchbreak