[Macpartners] entourage 2004 secure SMTP

John C. Welch jwelch at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 17 12:16:46 EDT 2004

On 6/17/04 10:43 AM, "Dante Roulette" <dante at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> I had to use port 587, and manually enter the username/password.
>
> -Dante.
> On Jun 17, 2004, at 9:46 AM, Sean Brown wrote:
>
>> anyone else having difficulty sending mail from Entourage 2004?
>>
>> my settings:
>> SMTP Server: outgoing.mit.edu
>> [X] SMTP service requires secure connection
>> [X] Override default SMTP port [465]
>> [X] SMTP server requires authentication
>> (X) Use same settings as receiving mail server

I just changed to port 587, and it's all good

john

--
"I'm terribly sorry, but would you mind if my wife and I butted in? The
thing is, I've got to go and see the queen at 6 o'clock."

British Prime Minister Tony Blair, to other parents waiting in line for
their parent-teacher conference at the school that Blair's children attend