[Macpartners] Plextor and OS 10.3.7

Kerem B Limon k_limon at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 27 18:12:44 EST 2004

Jay--

Does the 12/10/32'S' stand for SCSI? If so, does the device show up as part of
the SCSI tree in Apple System Profiles (Apple Menu | About This Mac | More
Info...)? If not, are you sure the connector is snugly plugged in?

If you still have Classic Mac OS bootable on the machine, it's worth trying to
boot into that and checking there to ensure it is an OS-specific issue, and not
hardware. SCSIProbe 5.2 from Adaptec under Classic would be a good tool to
check with (don't have a download link handy, but you can Google for it).

-Kerem

PS: <rant> Apple really needs to implement something like System Restore for
things like this. We are experiencing weird problems with various networked
applications with each update that comes out. </rant>

Quoting Samuel Jay Keyser <keyser at MIT.EDU>:

> I am running a Plextor 12/10/32S  CD-burner off a G3 blue tower using
> Roxio 5.3.2.  The OS is 10.3.7.  I do not seem to be able to get
> Roxio to detect the Plextor.  This happened when I updated to system
> 10.  However, the Roxio site says 5.3.2 and OSX are compatible.
> Plextor says it doesn't need a driver for MAC.
>
> Anyone had any experience with the problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jay

Kerem B. Limon
kerem.limon at mit.edu /e-mail