[Macpartners] success running Panther on older G4

Tom Pixton tpixton at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 22 10:16:51 EST 2004

On my home computer, a 466 Hz 3 1/2-year old G4, with 768 MB RAM,
which originally came with OS 9.1, I have just installed Panther
(10.3.5) on a newly-installed second hard drive. Panther runs all the
OSX apps just about as fast as our 1 GB Hz machines here at work.
Boots fast, even runs the old built-in modem faster! I've got the
older hard drive with 9.1 and all the apps there, so can still boot
from it if needed.

--
Tom Pixton
Publishing Services Bureau

Find answers to your publishing questions and expert support for your
next project.
Explore MIT's graphic identity and download logos and templates.
Order official MIT stationery, envelopes, and business cards.

Access these online resources from http://web.mit.edu/psb/portal/