[Macpartners] Needed... an automated mechanism for making boston city council public notices more universally available.

John C. Welch jwelch at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 15 13:39:43 EDT 2004

On 8/14/04 11:56 PM, "Don Saklad" <dsaklad at zurich.csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> Needed... an automated mechanism set up that will take the forwarded boston
> city council public notices and make available the public notices on a weblog
> or accessible in listserver archives or via some similarly more universally
> accessible web link.
>
> Mastery of techniques for converting the formatting in .doc
> would be one part of the difficultly

Word 2004 has a very handy save as HTML function, which is much cleaner than
it was in previous versions.

So the base command would be, (word 2004 ONLY)

save as file format HTML HTML display only output true

If you want to change the file name, etc, you have to add that yourself, but
with AppleScript, this is QED.

john

--
Pajamas are indeed comfy, but society dictates we not wear them to school,
work or the bowling alley.