[Macpartners] Re: Duplicate messages received

Art Anger Anger at mitvma.mit.edu
Wed Apr 28 15:12:50 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:26:32 -0400 Huxley, Bil said:
> A couple of my colleagues and I have noticed that we've been receiving
> multiple copies of some e-mails distributed through mailing lists
> this week
. . .
> I've seen these duplicates regularly on WinPartners and MacPartners Mailman
> mailing lists but I'm not certain about others at this time.  There are
> other Mailman lists which I've not seen this behavior on.
. . .
Bil and others--
In tracking this down, it will be quite important to know which mailing
list(s) is(are) involved, and to preserve all the Received-lines from the
headers of two "duplicate" messages.  If the time stamps match all the way
along, then the problem is probably in the post-office server.  If they
differ right after a mail router or distributor, then that is the culprit.
--Art Anger