[Macpartners] new OS X Trojan horse?

John C. Welch jwelch at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 9 08:11:42 EDT 2004

On 4/9/04 6:05 AM, "Stan Diamond" <stan at broad.mit.edu> wrote:

> I have seen two separate reports yesterday concerning a new Trojan
> Horse exploit that comes in the form of an MP3 file. It has been
> identified as VirusMP3. See more info here -
> http://www.macnn.com/news/24167
>
> Have you seen these references? what are you recommending to deal with
> it?

I'd say start thinking about AV programs. Sophos is a nice one if you want
centralized control, albeit the enterprise manager has to be on a windows
box.

john

--
"For the operators, whom a wise commander uses with great skill and
forethought, and whom the fool throws away in ignorance and contempt."